Ever since I've added a Paypal button on my blog for selling my jewelry - that was moons ago -, I was asked how to add this button, since others wanted to follow suit as well. I've helped several people on various jewelry forums, but I was always lazy to write a tutorial - or god forbit, record one :)
I've just come across a VERY GOOD Youtube video tutorial on teaching you to do just that, so I'd like to share it with you. No matter what you are selling on your blog, the steps are the same.
To continue from where the video left off, which is actually placing your newly created Paypal button to your blog post, this is what you further need to do (very easy and quick steps).
1. You've already copied the html code as instructed in the video, right?
2. You are on your blog post with the picture of your jewelry and the description added. Now click on Edit HMTL (this is the tab right next to Compose, at the right handside top corner of your blog screen).
Now this is your html view of your text. If you also added a picture to your post, showing off your jewelry, you will find also stuff like 'img src'...etc. This is normal.
3. Go to the very end of your post, and simply paste your code there, as the last thing at the bottom. That's all.
4. Now to preview your new cute Paypal button, simply switch back to 'Compose', scroll down to the end of your post and there you have it.
5. Publish your post as usual, and click on it, as you want to test that it actually works. It should take you to Paypal, and you will see a screen asking you to login, and at the top of the screen you will see the amount you have entered in one of the steps shown in the video.
This means that you have done everything right, and the next person who will want to buy directy from your blog, will not have any troubles in doing so.
The whole Paypal button process should not take you longer than 3 minutes. I do it all the time.
In one of my next posts I will show you how to add the Paypal button to your Wordpress blog.
I hope you enjoyed it, and if you did, or you have any questions, please leave me a comment :)