Thursday 6 November 2008

First review - a freebie - The Ultimate Supertip in Online Marketing

Well, I could have started with something really gorgeous out there (which I will keep for one of my next reviews), but for now, since my first post mentioned it, I'll blurb a bit about an ebook that got me thinking and got me started on various ways to market better my product. It didn't have all the answers, but it did what it was supposed to do: got me started.
If you are a pro in online marketing, you'll probably won't need to read this ebook, but if you're just making your jewelry, or creating your product and not sure of what next, (and aren't we all at some point in our lives?), this might as well be your starting point.

Well, contrary to popular procedure, I'll start with the Cons, what put me off at first and why I almost didn't read it.

- When you go to the site you'll see all that flashy typical selling looking page, which most of us have come to avoid and just click away. Like I said, I almost did it too. Really, these guys should change their outloook of their pages, if they're to attract more readers to their site, dooh.

- Getting past the red flashy page, I read through, actually more like scrolled through (yeah, I'm an action kind of person and want to get to the good stuff without having to read through all the blurb. Are you also one to simply tick that 'Terms and Conditions' button, without reading fully through the whole blabla? yeah same here :-). So scrolling down, ehmm, another button to click to get to the Download page. Oh well...click click...

- Finally, the third con is that once you read the ebook and get to the end, you'll see a button that you might want to click so you can buy his next ebook, so of course, although the book is free, the guy has to earn his living too. But you don't have to click on the link to buy his other books, that's just purely optional. At first this gave me a slight feeling of 'I'm betrayed' here, until I realised that no, I'm not at all. I click if I want to. He's just advertising it. I still got the free book out of the deal, no?

And now on to the Pros:

When you download the book, there are no 'subscribe here' forms to capture your email address and other contact details. It's a simple zip file, that you download and open with your favourite zip file extractor (winzip, winrar, etc). So no email harvesting opportunities here. Hm, I like that.

- It really has some nead strategies and ideas on selling your product, or any other product for the matter, online. Some I knew, some were new to me. But even those I knew were good to be reiterated here, that's what they say afterall that repetition is the mother of perfection.
- Some of the topics covered in his book are:
  • - Getting traffic to your site
  • - Preselling with free ebooks
  • - Preselling with articles
  • - Autoresponders and follow up campaigns
  • - Ad tracking
  • - Affiliate marketing
  • - ClickBank
  • - Viral marketing
  • - PDF book creation
  • - Ebook rebranding
  • - Creating niche sites
  • - Resale rights
What I particularly liked in the book was, for example, the bonus at the end on PDF book creation. Many jewelry artists like to create their own tutorials and set of instructions on various things they know to do best. Take for example Iza, or Magda, or Eni Oken. They all use PDFs in making their tutorials. Well, before you pay out a fortune for Adobe Acrobat with all it's bells and whistles check out the bonus product that Harvey mentions. It's worth every penny.

- Also I liked the part about Creating Niche Sites. Well yes, jewelry, beading or wire working are niche sites. But can you narrow it down even more for a better target market? It looks like you can.

- And finally as a last point, the book is entirely free. And I think that if one is researching on how to write ebooks, getting all the freebies out there and seeing how the masters have done it (and no, this ebook is not targeting jewelry designers particularly, but pretty much everybody who is selling something online) is worth 1 minute time to download it.

When you want to download this ebook on online marketing, it will take you through two of those 'click next' pages, so bear with it, but then you'll have it :)

If you're still not decided to simply download this, and want some more opinions, read these testimonials about the book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An efficient, targeted,viable and effective strategy to promote any business service and or products is online marketing. This is the marketing system which could beat any market.

chiropractic internet marketing