Tuesday 11 November 2008

Social Networking - Sell your jewelry online the new way

Ok this is something that totally love. I bought Rena Klingenberg's book recently and I knew I couldn't fail with it. Being a regular visitor to her info site, I applauded her next step in creating this social networking book. And this book is just what we need, us jewelry artists and designers, and everybody else in related niches, such as glass or fused bead makers, jewelry suppliers, etc.
The internet is changing and from passive visitors of the web, we are becoming more and more actively involved in it. Now we can write in forums, post to blogs, leave comments, join Twitter and other social places, have a Squidoo lens and have an online calender that you can share with others. And so much more!
Rena goes deep in each of these above mentioned points, and in so much more.
Simply by reading her book I discovered a new world out there, pretty much untapped yet by jewelry artists and designers.
I mean, let's admit it, most of the jewelry artists online are doing a bit of marketing their product, but that's all. They sell on Etsy, on Dawanda (if you're in Europe), they "might" have a website, lately some have started using blogs, add some tags to their blog posts for SEO optimization, participate in forums leaving their signature at the bottom of the post, hoping that somebody would bite and click on their link and buy the jewelry, and...that's about it.
And they don't realise that they've been doing it all BACKWARDS! Yep. I couldn't believe it myself! All this time, I was hanging out in the WRONG FORUMS! where I would never get any sales. Why? Well Rena's social networking book will tell you that.
All this time I was simply targeting the wrong kinds of people, and hoping that the RIGHT kind of people would find me!
Yes, advertising by word of mouth, by bringing the offline folks (friends, family, friends of friends, colleagues at work, you get my idea) to Etsy and let them buy would give me some sales. But what about the rest of the crowd online? With the internet reaching the whole world, there is an untapped potential for sending your jewelry from India, to Australia and to Timbuktu if you want. But how do you reach those folks?
Well this is something that Rena Klingenberg will teach you in her Social Networking book, and so much more. Her 184 book is chock full of information, and I mean real information. She doesn't hold back. She doesn't need to, there's nothing for her to protect, since she has made it already. Rena with her business is in the top 1% of the websites. And that's a biggie! With this book, you can learn from the best!

Did I get your lips wet enough? If you want to read more about her book on her page, just follow this link, it takes you straight to her book page.

5 comments:

Easterya said...

Great blog idea Marika!!!(Sorry I didn't comment earlier, computer literally started smoking at the seams a couple of days ago...) How you find these great books is totally beyond me, thanks for sharing your expertise too, so much info out there, difficult to know where to sart!! I'll be visiting on a regular basis, keep up the good work!

Zazu Ta said...

This is such a coincidence... I came across Rena's site on Google, and yours as well.
Im just starting out and its a very tough industry.. especially here in India.
Ive just gotten my domai and am working on a site. Wish me luck!

Unknown said...

This is a great post Dmitry. I just had one of the ‘Doh!’ moments and ran back to correct my own site before publishing my comment. You see my own comment form did not match what I’m about to advise. I get less comments than you, so never noticed any problem. I’ve changed it now anyway so here goes.
online marketing

Anonymous said...

How To Make money with affiliate programs Today. Affiliate marketing is the easier and probably the most effective method to make money from the internet. It is basically, a kind of selling technique where potential buyers from your website are directed to the websites of sellers. For every click, the website owner gets a small commission.

www.onlineuniversalwork.com

Unknown said...

Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.
www.onlineuniversalwork.com